Thursday, April 26, 2012

Being with you is like flyin´....

Being with you is like flyin´....

I fell into the biggest airpocket ever on Air India, an hour or so into the flight, after take off from Tokyo. First there was turbulence, the whole plane started shaking and shaking and then suddenly we fell, real fast, just vertically down. I screamed, the stewards were holding on to the trolley to keep it from rolling, I stared into the frightened eyes of the young Indian man next to me whom I had ignored up to this point and almost wanted to hold onto his arm, for comfort. The we stopped falling but kept descending, down down down it went, I looked out of the window and thought:"This can´t be true. We are falling out of the sky, in midflight!" The Indian and I looked at each other. And then the plane finally recaught it`s balance and the Indian talked to the crew and translated for me:"They told me not to worry, it was just turbulence and this is a very experienced pilot." "If they have to say that, to assure us he can cope with something like this, it means, this is something that almost never happens and is really dangerous", I replied slowly. After that we became really good friends, for the rest of the flight. And I have been giddily enjoying life ever since, I was so excited when I arrived at my cousin´s house, I could barely stop talking and laughing and was wide awake, after 25 hours of flying and waiting at airports...WHEW!
Greetings from Germany, my own beautiful sunny country.
Wed, August 26, 2009 - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment