Thursday, August 31, 2017

Ya Shams! 

In Konya my first walk was to visit Shams of Tabriz mosque. Dhur prayer time at 12.57h. I went upstairs after offering salat in the women's room downstairs to avoid walking through the crowd of male worshippers in search of the stairs. Upstairs are two spaces, one above the prayer hall with a curtained fence that prevents view of the mihrab. And another room after that , at the side, with white walls. This room was filled with energy, I could see it . I went inside and there was a woman reading from the Quran to another. I did my Zikr , using my beads, and she touched my arm and started talking to me and told me , she is from Syria. We changed from Turkish to Arabic then , I said " tasharafna " and " Ahlan wa Sahlan" and she was delighted. Then she put her hand on mine and said a prayer and a Quran Surah and read to me from the Quran , and I could feel her energy radiating and flowing through my body. I wondered how lucky I was, whether Shams had made me be here at the same time like this woman to let us share our namaz. 




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful description. I had a similar experience. After my prayers I was surrounded by Turkish men (I am tall with white hair/beard) embracing me and crying. They offered me candy. I was overwhelmed by waves of energy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete