Thursday, April 26, 2012

Going to the desert today

Going to the desert today

This afternoon I will go into the desert with a guide, and after he heard that I love dancing he offered to take me to a show of the Kalbeliya dancers and musicians. So I will finally have an opportunity to see and fulfill the purpose of my coming here! He also said, the female dancer will dance with me after her performance, yay!
Just bought another pair of loose pants. I've got these very cool Turkish wrapping pants in black, with some blue sequences on them which look kind of wild and formidable but they do open when I sit or when the wind blows, so this won't work. So will have to ask the guide to teach me how to wrap a turban...
Gotta gooo....
Look at the guy on the pic, a male kalbeliya gypsy. Wish there were more men like that around, so far I have kept a careful distance from everybody, though did accept a free ride on a scooter into town to save time but held tight on the back frame rather than his waist as he had hoped for. When he said:'You are very beautiful", I replied:' You don't have a chance with me. Marry an Indian girl!', something they cannot argue with. ; )
Tue, September 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment