Thursday, April 26, 2012

İ am in İstanbul!!!

İ am in İstanbul!!!

an old poem of mine (more on my profile ın the links)

Turkiye

Turkey, I fell into your lap
like cherries into the skirt of a girl
You closed your arms around me and
I felt your heartbeat
I danced for you and
you were enchanted
I waved my hands at you
and let my arms
move like young snakes and
you were bewitched
and when you fell in love with me
I breathed with you
like sucking in
the smoke from a waterpipe
Turkey, I roll in your lap
like ripe cherries in the skirt of
a girl.


Tonight as İ left my friend's house near İstiklal to take in the evening air, have some döner kebab and take a first evening stroll after having just arrıved again in Turkey, after 2 minutes İ ran into my favourite of all tango dancers Tunçay!! He lives down thıs street he told me.
Wed, September 2, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment